Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sittin' In The Waiting Room

Went to see an old friend the other day. He stood me up! Good thing - because if he hadn't, who knows where this would have gone ......

Sitting’ in the waiting room
Waitin’ for “the man”
A friend from quite some time ago
When wildly we ran

From fire to fire, our days so filled
With normal stress and strife
Now all becalmed since we’ve become
More mature in life

So as I sit and ponder
This junction I’ve come to
My mind can’t help but wander
And think of me and you

Young love is such a glorious thing
We’d play along the streams
Our days filled with thoughts of youth
Our heads chock full of schemes

Remembering we’d share our meals
We’d each eat our fair share
Combining germs with every bite
We surely didn’t care

Same spoon, sure, that’s okay
We’d have at our ice cream
No need for separateness with us
We share our hopes and dream

O memories, sweet tastes of pasts
Some fade but others stay
To take us back in time and then
To help us through our day

I sit here in the waiting room
My friend’s now overdue
But that’s okay because I’ve been
Just hangin' with Ol’ Blue. ©

No comments:

Post a Comment