Friday, December 25, 2009

To Play The Role

The daycare was filled with kids young and old
As Santa strode in from the snow and the cold
And all of their eyes beheld him in red
Lit up their faces, no words were yet said

With a “Ho ho ho” Santa was there!
At their little daycare with nary a care
He’d come just to see them to bring them a smile
Took time to stop in and chat for awhile

Their eyes were like saucers, so big and so round
They stood and they looked and gaped at the mound
Of red suit and hat, big beard and black belt
The love welled right up and he thought he might melt

And he became Santa, the jolly old elf
He loved each and every one little self
To see adoration and know it can be
A good thing or bad thing, it was all up to me

My best I put forth, to allow them to see
The beauty of Christmas and all it can be
For it is when we give with no thought of return
That love rushes forth and in one’s heart does burn

The clear and distilled message today
To love each and everyone passing our way
And as I waved goodbye and said my farewells
They called “Merry Christmas” and jingled some bells

As I walked along and went out to my sleigh
Santa stayed with me throughout all the day
e is a real person you know
He is in all of us if we just let him show.

Thank you Santa. Merry Chirstmas. ©

No comments:

Post a Comment