Sunday, March 14, 2010

Grandpa's Love

The day I first hear about you, I love you
– because you are you.
Before you arrive, I love you
– because you are you.
The day you are born, I love you
– because you are you.
The first time I see you,
The first time I hold you in my arms,
The first time we play together,
Each day I love you
- because you are you.

There are no days when I love you more
Each day I love you because you are you
There are no days when I love you less
Each day I love you because you are you

As a small child, crawling about
As a youngster, chasing and playing
As an adolescent, conversant and growing
As a young adult - and as a grown-up person
I love you because you are you

On your first birthday, I love you
- because you are you
All the days in between until on your last birthday –
- I love you because you are you

Always know, my grandchild,
My love for you is constant
My love for you is continuous
My heart leaps for joy when you are happy
My heart breaks when you are sad
I love you now and forever. ©

Grandpa

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Steve, Glad to hear you are enjoying being a Grandpa-it's a special time. From what I hear you are really happy and enjoying life these days. Glad to hear it.

    Maybe I'll see you again someday.
    Take care,
    Lisa Nye

    ReplyDelete