Monday, September 14, 2009

Review of: “Prince Harming Syndrome” by Karen Salmansohn

A book came to my attention the other day
My dear one passed it to me as if to say
“You should read this before I do.
It may explain why I love you.”

At least that was the thought I had
The other reason was that it may bode bad
For me to read ‘bout all the stuff
I lack, her rationale’ to huff and puff

Not that she does, don’t misconstrue
She’s not like that, no streaks of blue
But nonetheless, a man can be
A bit unsure of where fits he

Within the fabric of his love’s life
And that’s what caused my angst, my strife.

So read I did.
I started out and read it through
In one long sit, a good book too
To educate a woman of
Her real intents, a real, true love

The manner which the author uses
To press her points and see abuses
Within the context of our heart
She puts quite simply, very smart

She hammers home what she is saying
With humor, care and without braying
She provokes thought, she asks for more
And yet again, says “Show the door”

To men who are not worth the trouble
And there’s a bunch and it’s a double
Yet shall a woman ply advice
Contained herein, she’ll know quite nice

Just what is odd about Prince Harming
And what is even with Prince Charming
And how to use the wisdom she’s imparted
To those who’re tired of “broken hearted”

No comments:

Post a Comment