Wednesday, September 9, 2009

This morning, after a too long hiatus, I returned to my Wednesday morning men’s group. As I walked towards the Starbucks front door, it occurred to me that – not unlike the prodigal son – I had finally come to my senses and realized that I had abandoned many wonderful aspects of my life because of my own laziness and inattention. I was embraced and welcomed. I had been missed. I was humbled and honored by these men whom I had grown to love over the six years we’d been meeting – and I still love after being gone for almost two years.
While the past two weeks for me have been the most difficult emotional roller coaster of my life, I have much to be thankful for. And many to be thankful to. Robin is and will always be a catalyst for me. Thank you , my dear one.

No comments:

Post a Comment