Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Place For Love

I came upon a place today
Secluded and serene
A soft space beneath the trees
Where two could be unseen.

The sunlight dappled through the pines
And cast its warmth around
Rusty red, old needles lay
And there was not a sound.

I found myself with you, my love
My mind brought you to stand
Among the grove with me alone
And we were hand in hand.

We sat upon this sacred spot
We talked of hopes and cares
We laughed, we hurt, we cried, we dreamt
As only lovers dare

And closeness came to us today
A unity of two
As time went past, we knew that we
Would be among the few

Who find true love within their lives
The other half complete
The half full glass of love and life
Flows over, is replete.

We kissed a kiss of deep friendship
Of love beneath the pines
And then we went our separate ways
Together, one last time.

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful writing; brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete