Saturday, August 17, 2013

Anger Du Jour...................copyrighted

It seems we’ve adopted     
As a method to cope
With the highs and lows of our days

A tactic that keeps us
Unable to hope
Instead we stay angry and lay

In wait of conflicting opinion
Alert for dissent in the ranks
On guard against

Someone or something
We think will siphon some gas
From our tanks

I call it Anger Du Jour
Because it can change every day
Some days it might be political strife

Some days it might be Ken Lay
Of course, right now I’m dating myself
Ken Lay’s been dead for awhile

He plundered and stole from investors
Who cried, “We hate you but we sure like your style.”
I digress as I often will do

Let me return to my point
Anger Du Jour prevents us from acting
By keeping our nose out of joint

We don’t have to try to improve things
If Anger Du Jour has its way
The only action that we have to take

Is to throw a good fit each day.

1 comment:

  1. Cute - a little sardonic commentary on society? I like it.

    ReplyDelete