Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Eventually - Buyer's Remorse - Too Late



The stuff that I ordered a few days ago
Arrived on the doorstep today
Another box of packing and paper
With a doodad or gadget to play

I love buying stuff and waiting
It's a great way to pass through a week
But the fact of the matter if I thought much about it
Is the stuff is not what I seek

It keeps me from seeing the moment
It keeps me from watching a bee
It keeps me from realizing the one that I love
Is being pushed far away from me

As I insert another mail order
Into a slot in my mind
And I know it's there and it's coming
I can avoid being kind

I don't have to tell him he's handsome
Or take hold of his hand as we drive
Or cuddle with him or rest in his arms
Or even pretend he's alive

I know that he needs affirmations
As most good men do in their way
But I can avoid doing anything nice
If my order will be here today.



No comments:

Post a Comment