Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wrong Turn? Hah!

I’d made a wrong turn - not a big deal
To someone who spends so much time at the wheel

Been rode pretty hard and put away wet
Emotionally raw, stomach upset
Praying for peace and a confirmation
That my ordeal would end with an affirmation

When just up ahead, walking along
A pair from my past- turn that was wrong?
Oh, I think not – a purposeful ruse
Allowed me to see – not be so obtuse

The workings of fate or karma – a sign
You call it whatever,I’ll call it divine
The odds they would be there?  You do the math
That time of the day, that part of the path?

From the moment I saw them, I knew I’d been heard
 I stopped and we hugged with hardly a word
We’d been directed and brought to this place

A wrong turn?  A chance?   No way.  It was grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment