Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Book of Prayers - Part 1 ................... copyrighted

At our place of worship, we have a small sanctuary for personal prayer.  Outside of it is a book in which people write things they wish to pray over or that they would like others to pray over.  Before going into the sanctuary one day, I was reading the book.  The result of those moments of reading are this poem.....................

It's noon on Tuesday, my usual time
I come to God's chapel to seek His divine
Guidance and mercy, His hope mixed with love
I come to this chapel drawn in from above.

My troubles are many, complex and acute
My heart is so heavy with worry and doubt
The table before me holds schedules and books
And a tablet to write in, in which I now look.

It holds pleas and beggings, desires and angst
It holds love for others, some cares and complaints
It's full of the human conditions we know
It's full of our longings, our hopes and our woe.
              Please pray for my mother who struggles with fear
              My son and my daughter, my heart holds so dear
              My neighbor with cancer, a friend with no job
              A general intention for grace brings a sob.
              Grant victory for one who is struggling to live  
              A day with no fighting, a gift one can give
              To honor the dead, our son left in 'Nam.
              A grandchild is coming, watch over the mom.

END OF PART 1


1 comment:

  1. Reading what you write brings a sense of peace over me. This is a most welcome feeling and makes me smile.

    R

    ReplyDelete